Development Process Tree
To help provide clear and concise guidelines for business, civic and neighborhood groups to develop property, the Development Services Department’s Project Facilitation team has produced a series of development process trees.
The process trees illustrate the development process and offer a drill-down into each individual process.
Understanding the Development Process Trees
The first piece of the process trees is a nine-step master tree that provides users with an overview of the overall development process. The master tree is outlined in step-based “swim lanes,” allowing users to choose the right starting point in the overall process and anticipate what steps must be completed for their development.
The master tree, and each individual process, contains color- and shape-coded steps to help illustrate a path through the development process. Users can view white “double boxed” buttons that provide the user with a more in-depth look at that specific steps process. Staff has also embedded links (purple boxes) which will provide users with extra information about a process, applications and fee information at various points of the process.
- Step 1: Pre-Development Process
- Step 2: Zoning Change
- Zoning Change Typical Process
- Step 3: Platting
- Concept/Preliminary Plat Typical Process
- Replat, Minor, Final Plat Typical Process
- Step 4: Waivers for Urban Forestry and Zoning Special Districts
- Urban Forestry Typical Process
- Zoning Special District Typical Process
- Step 5: IPRC, CFA, and Construction
- Infrastructure Plan Review Center (IPRC) Typical Process
- Community Facilities Agreement (CFA) Typical Process
- Construction/Green Sheet Process
- Step 6: Grading Permits
- Grading Permit Typical Process
- Step 7: Building Permits
- Building Permits Typical Process
- Step 8: Variance or Special Exception
- Board of Adjustment Typical Process
- Step 9: Inspections
- Inspections Typical Process
- Limited Certificate of Occupancy (LCO) Typical Process
For downloaded files, please follow instructions below.**Note:** The current version of the development process trees are provided in a zip file. To use the files, download the process trees, and unzip the file. Open file called "[Open First] Development Process Tree Memo" which will provide more instructions. **Once unzipped, files should not be moved from their location, as this may cause the links to fail.**
The city is exploring ways to improve its development web pages using these process trees. Future enhancements will seek to provide a streamlined, interactive permitting experience.
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
The Development Services Customer Service Team has a weekly meeting on Friday mornings from 8am to 9am. This meeting may affect wait times and call times. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102