What is an Ordinance Inspection and what are the requirements? View the information sheet.
When is an Inspection Necessary? An inspection is required for all construction or work for which a permit is required and shall be subject to inspection by the building official and all such construction or work shall remain accessible and exposed for inspection purposes until approved by the building official.
Who Schedules an Inspection? The person performing the work for inspection is responsible for scheduling and ensuring the work is ready for inspection.
How do I Schedule an Inspection? Depending upon the type of permit and work to be performed you may establish an inspection at the time of permitting (no more than three business days out), or:
- via the Online Permit System
- via phone by calling the Voice Permits (IVR) line at 817-392-6370
- by calling Customer Service at 817-392-2222 (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
- to schedule an inspection you will need the Permit Number, Job Address, and Inspection Code. Inspections received before 6:30 a.m. each day will be scheduled for inspection on that day. Requests received at or after 6:30 a.m. will be scheduled for the next business day.
- Changes in Development Services Department allow staff to assist more customers remotely
- Development Services' predevelopment conferences assist developers amid COVID-19 outbreak
- In many cases, city meetings are going virtual
- Fort Worth Development Services assisting with reopening businesses
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
As of April 8, 2020, there will be no walk-in appointments. All appointments will be online, by phone and email only. Residents may still schedule appointments in the QLess appointment system. Development Services Support will contact the customer via phone to hold the online appointment. There will be no person to person appointments until further notice.
Please click the link below to "schedule an appointment" or see the contact information to schedule an appointment via phone or email.
Please call 817-392-2222 for all general inquiries.
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102