Home > Departments > Development Services > Permits


Encroachment is when any physical object projects into the city’s right-of-way and/or city-owned easements. The physical object can include any portion of a building, including an awning or a fence for example. It can also include signs and conduits.

The Development Services director may authorize all encroachments into public Right-of-Way or City-owned easements, with the exception of encroachment requests that fall under the category of “Major Encroachments.” Major encroachments are defined as building structures on, above or below public Right-of-Way. Major encroachment requests must go to the City Council for approval.

For additional information, contact:
Manager, Janie Morales, at 817-392-7810 or Janie.Morales@fortworthtexas.gov.
Project Assistant, Laurie Lewis, at 817-392-2600 or Laurie.Lewis@fortworthtexas.gov.
Project Assistant, Jennifer Ezernack, at 817-392-2737 or Jennifer.Ezernack@fortworthtexas.gov.


Online Permitting

Online Permit System Log In

What permits can I apply for online?

View instructional videos for applying for online permits

Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.

New users: Register for an account.

Watch the online training video to learn more.

Permit Fee Schedules


Accommodations & Accessibility

Accommodations are available for residents who have accessibility requirements. To learn more about accessibility accommodations available from the City of Fort Worth, visit the Accessibility page or request an accommodation due to disability.