Urban Design Districts and Overlays
Throughout the City of Fort Worth, there are various design districts in which design is regulated through standards and guidelines. Below you will find a list of the urban design districts and overlays that are in place.
Existing Urban Design Districts
- Camp Bowie District Inc.
- Downtown Urban Design District
- Berry/University Form-Based Code
- Stockyards Historic and Form Based Code District
- Near Southside
- Trinity Lakes (Staff Contact: 817-392-8015)
- Panther Island (Staff Contact: 817-392-8015)
- Panther Island Peripheral Zones (Staff Contact: 817-392-8015)
- I-35 Design Overlay (Staff Contact: 817-392-8015)
Future Urban Design Districts
Design District Cases
The Urban Design Commission (UDC) reviews projects in all design districts except downtown.
|Application Deadline||Meeting Date|
|Dec 23, 2019||Jan, 16, 2020|
|Jan. 27, 2020||Feb. 20, 2020|
|Feb. 24, 2020||March 10, 2020|
|March 23, 2020||April 16, 2019|
|April 27, 2020||May 21, 2020|
|May 26, 2020||June 18, 2020|
|June 22, 2020||July 27, 2019|
|July 27, 2020||Aug. 20, 2020|
|Aug. 24, 2020||Sept. 17, 2020|
|Sept. 28, 2020||Oct. 15, 2020|
|Oct. 26, 2020||Nov. 19, 2020|
|Nov. 23, 2020||Dec. 17, 2020|
|Dec. 28, 2020||Jan. 21, 2021|
- New commercial building permit submissions will only be accepted online beginning Jan. 1
- Permits no longer required for garage sales
Current Wait Times
The Development Services Customer Service Team has a weekly meeting on Friday mornings from 8am to 9am. This meeting may affect wait times and call times. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102