Environmental Excellence Awards
As it enters its third decade of honoring businesses for their commitment to environmental awareness, the City of Fort Worth has broadened its Environmental Awards program to also honor innovation in waste reduction, recycling and water efficiency.
The awards program began in 1999 as the Pretreatment Awards, honoring companies in full compliance with wastewater regulations. Those awards will continue and are based on the number of consecutive years of compliance and are awarded at the Star, Associate, Partnership and Stewardship levels.
An Industry of the Year Award was added to the program in 2018, 2019 and will be selected again in 2020.
This year, the awards program sees the addition of an Innovation Award and a Recognition Award. Each category contains subcategories and entrants can apply for more than one award.
Innovation Awards will be presented in the areas of:
- Water Use & Process Improvement
- Water Conservation
- Air Quality
- Land Redevelopment
- Solid Waste Reduction
Click here to view a printable version of the awards application. Please note, you only need to fill out the information in the category you are applying to, and all applications must be submitted electronically.
Recognition Awards include Fort Worth Friendly Landscapes, recognizing businesses applying water conservation principles to their landscape, and the SmartWater Award, which has been presented since 2010 to industrial, commercial and institutional customers implementing water efficiency strategies following a SmartWater Audit.
Award applications are due Aug. 31, 2020.
The awards will be presented during a luncheon ceremony Wednesday, Nov. 6 at River Ranch Stockyards, 500 NE 23rd St.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Construction is coming to Gateway Park
- Library teams with water utility to help customers seeking financial assistance
- New water and sewer lines planned for Bellaire, Ranch View, South Hills and Westcliff Road South
- Public meeting on Mary's Creek Water Reclamation Facility set for Oct. 5
- Fort Worth Water urges customers to make payment arrangements before shutoffs resume
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.