Fair housing laws ensure individuals and families attempting to buy, sell, lease or finance a home are treated equally. Fair housing laws protect individuals from discrimination based on their race, color, national origin, religion, familial status, gender and disability.
The availability of affordable housing in communities where those individuals and families want to live, however, can severely limit fair housing choice.
Affordable Housing 101
Housing is considered affordable when the total cost of housing – including rent/mortgage and utilities – is under 30 percent of household income. Watch the following video to learn more about affordable housing and who in the community may need it.
- Lead-Safe Program helps keep children safe
- Free workshops enhance your digital skills and business goals
- Deadline extended for PUC electricity bill assistance program
- Fort Worth Water to resume assessing late fees and making shutoffs
- Texas Supreme Court: evictions, debt collections may resume
- Emergency help for Fort Worth families now available
908 Monroe Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102