Citizens Fire Academy
The Fort Worth Citizens Fire Academy (CFA) is now a monthly class that any resident of Fort Worth, 16 years of age and older, can attend for free. There is no obligation to attend every month and no application is required. The CFA is an opportunity for the community to engage with firefighters and learn the many disciplines supported by the Fort Worth Fire Department.
Classes are held the second Tuesday of the month and will include demonstrations as well as hands-on participation. Topics include: Fire Service History, Organization Structure, Fire Station Tours, Emergency Medicine, Hazardous Materials Response, Search and Rescue, Vehicle Extrication, Arson Investigation and many more.
- Heat advisory in effect for Tarrant County
- Tips to keep the heat from beating you down
- Watch for pets distressed by extreme heat
- Take precautions as summer weather arrives in North Texas
- Fort Worth to host decontamination unit for N95 masks
If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Visit the media page.