The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings this week.
All meetings are held in City Council Conference Room 290 at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. View complete meeting agendas.
If you can’t attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m.
- The City of Fort Worth is leading a transit project in partnership with Trinity Metro to update the system-wide master plan, taking into account the rapid growth the region is experiencing. The Transit Moves Master Plan will guide transit improvements throughout the city through 2045.
- An informal report will present information on the city’s use of criminal history information in the selection process for general governmental positions (not including sworn police or fire personnel). The Ban the Box campaign is a nationwide effort to remove questions related to criminal history on employment applications.
- The Council will consider an ordinance regulating camping on commercial property. The move came about because of community requests. Under the new ordinance, a camper would be required to provide an officer with written authorization to camp on a commercial property.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m.
- The Council will vote on a $1.9 billion budget that continues to focus on infrastructure improvements while also decreasing the property tax rate. The recommended budget is an increase of 3.4% over the fiscal year 2019 adopted budget. The budget includes 114 net new positions, including 58 in the Police Department, 35 in Code Compliance, 14 to staff a new fire station and 10 to staff a new library branch.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Fort Worth Zoo reopens to the public May 29
- New transit option in Crowley starts June 1
- Read Fort Worth salutes parents after an extraordinary school year
- City taking steps to limit impact of egrets in south Fort Worth
- Camp Fort Worth's start will be delayed this summer
- More News »
Housing Neighborhood Services Committee: 2 p.m. June 2, 2020; Virtual.
View the agenda »
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled Financial Empowerment Workshop Series: 6 p.m. June 2, 2020; Northside Community Center, 1100 N.W. 18th St.
Register for this event »
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.