The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings this week.
All meetings are held at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. Complete meeting agendas are available online.
If you can not attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 290
- Councilmembers will hear an update on a police-initiated towing service contract with AutoReturn. The city first contracted with AutoReturn on Dec. 1, 2018, and the contract has resulted in faster response time and less staff time devoted to police-initiated vehicle tows.
- City Manager David Cooke and Jennifer Dyke of the Transportation & Public Works Department will make a presentation on the open-space acquisition program, which aims to preserve green space. The discussion will include open-space planning, potential acquisition areas, funding sources and next steps.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Councilmembers will vote on the Council meeting schedule for 2020, which will include a return to daytime meetings during certain weeks.
- Members will vote on a resolution to executive contracts with several experts who will serve on a committee to review patterns, policies, training, procedures and practices in the Fort Worth Police Department.
- A resolution supporting a Vision Zero strategy, which would eliminate traffic fatalities and serious injuries in Fort Worth, is on the agenda.
- The City Council will vote on several zoning cases.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Give input on plans for Wesleyan Hills Park
- Water and sewer mains in Wedgwood area to be upgraded
- Community talk to discuss e-cigarettes, vaping
- Rockwood Golf Course construction begins this week
- AllianceTexas generates $7 billion in 2019
- More News »
Aviation Advisory Board Meeting: 1 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Aviation Advisory Board Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Sycamore Creek Wastewater Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale St.
Ramey Avenue Street Maintenance Project Meeting: 10 a.m. Feb. 1, 2020; Sweet Home Baptist Church, 5225 Ramey Ave.
Near Southside Infrastructure Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Feb. 3, 2020; Broadway Baptist Church, Room 302, 305 W. Broadway Ave.