Michelle Gutt, director of Fort Worth’s Communications & Public Engagement Department, won the Douglas Ann Newsom PRSA Professional of the Year award at the Greater Fort Worth Public Relations Society of America’s eighth annual Worthy Awards ceremony Nov. 6.
The accolade was created to recognize public relations professionals in the Greater Fort Worth area who have attained significant achievements and made outstanding contributions to the profession.
“Through her strategic, positive and labor intensive efforts, Michelle has made significant contributions to the public relations profession in North Texas through outstanding service and notable achievements,” the PRSA chapter said.
Gutt also won two Awards of Excellence for her work on the One Fort Worth campaign — one in the Community Relations category and the other in the Integrated Communications category.
Additionally, four members of her CPE team also won Worthy Awards:
- Andrea Duffie, Alison Rich and Maiya Hollie picked up an Award of Excellence in the Internal Communications category for their work on the Employee Pension Campaign.
- Kevin Neal earned an Award of Achievement in the Annual Report category for his work on the City of Fort Worth 2018 Annual Report.
The Worthy Awards celebrate the best in strategic communications programs and tactics practiced by professionals and students in the Greater Fort Worth area.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Give input on plans for Wesleyan Hills Park
- Water and sewer mains in Wedgwood area to be upgraded
- Community talk to discuss e-cigarettes, vaping
- Rockwood Golf Course construction begins this week
- AllianceTexas generates $7 billion in 2019
- More News »
Aviation Advisory Board Meeting: 1 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Aviation Advisory Board Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Sycamore Creek Wastewater Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale St.
Ramey Avenue Street Maintenance Project Meeting: 10 a.m. Feb. 1, 2020; Sweet Home Baptist Church, 5225 Ramey Ave.
Near Southside Infrastructure Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Feb. 3, 2020; Broadway Baptist Church, Room 302, 305 W. Broadway Ave.