The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings on Dec. 3.
All meetings are held at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. Complete meeting agendas are available online.
If you can not attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 290
- Councilmembers will review an update on new compliance guidelines for construction in downtown Fort Worth. The plan aims to identify ways to improve construction staging and to foster an atmosphere that is friendly to pedestrians, motorists and businesses.
- Another report will lay out the options for potentially decreasing the sales tax rate for the Crime Control and Prevention District while potentially increasing the sales tax rate for the Fort Worth Transportation Authority.
- City Manager David Cooke and Jennifer Dyke of the Transportation & Public Works Department will make a presentation on the open-space acquisition program, which aims to preserve green space. The discussion will include open-space planning, potential acquisition areas, funding sources and next steps.
- City Secretary Mary Kayser will present an update on potential City Charter amendments for a May, 2020 election.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Councilmembers will vote on resolutions appointing members to the boards of directors of certain tax increment reinvestment zones throughout the city.
- The City Council will vote on more than a dozen zoning cases.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Give input on plans for Wesleyan Hills Park
- Water and sewer mains in Wedgwood area to be upgraded
- Community talk to discuss e-cigarettes, vaping
- Rockwood Golf Course construction begins this week
- AllianceTexas generates $7 billion in 2019
- More News »
Aviation Advisory Board Meeting: 1 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Aviation Advisory Board Workshop: 1:30 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, Conference Room 306, 201 American Concourse.
View the agenda »
Sycamore Creek Wastewater Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Jan. 30, 2020; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale St.
Ramey Avenue Street Maintenance Project Meeting: 10 a.m. Feb. 1, 2020; Sweet Home Baptist Church, 5225 Ramey Ave.
Near Southside Infrastructure Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. Feb. 3, 2020; Broadway Baptist Church, Room 302, 305 W. Broadway Ave.