YardSmart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
Spring YardSmart 2020
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020 8am. - 2p.m. Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Deborah Beggs Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
- 8:00 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – “Plants for North Texas Landscapes”, Kim Conrow, Native Plant Society
- 9:30 a.m. – “Water Conservation Landscape by Design, Plant Selection and Irrigation Efficiency”, Dotty Woodson, PhD
- 10:30-11 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – “Vegetable Gardening”, Steve Chaney, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel”
YardSmart en español, primavera 2020
Date: Sábado, 7 de marzo, 2020 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dónde: BRIT, 1700 University Drive, FW 76107
- 8:00 a.m. – Inscripciones
- 8:30 a.m. – “Árboles frutales del Norte de TX”, Laura Veloz, Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge
- 9:30 a.m. – “De gota en gota se riega mejor”, Claudia Montoya, SiteOne Landscape Supply
- 10:30-11 a.m. – Descanso
- 11 a.m. – “Cultivo de vegetales”, Laura Miller, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
- Mediodía – “Sesión de preguntas y respuestas”
For more information call 817-392-8740. Facility is wheelchair accessible. To arrange for sign language interpretation, call TDD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to event.
- Changes coming for water customers who pay bills late
- Some utility account fees changing on April 1
- Reminder: Water and wastewater rates changing in January
- Protect your pipes against freezing temperatures
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.