To obtain an alcohol permit in the City of Fort Worth, complete the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission application, and take it to a notary before signing.
Once the application is complete, follow these steps:
- Bring the application to the city's zoning counter, located on the lower level of City Hall, 200 Texas St., to receive zoning approval.
- Once zoning approval is obtained, the applicant will receive an Alcohol Permit Location Verification form. Applications should fill out this file with the property's legal description (lot, block and addition). Applications will not be processed without this information. Take the completed form to the permitting desk, also on the lower level of City Hall, to apply for a Distant Check permit (cost for the permit is $50).
- These documents will be given to the chief building inspector to complete a distance check inspection, and the applicant will be notified when the inspection is completed.
- Pick up the forms at the permitting center, and pay processing and other fees that may be required for the specific permit type at the central cashier.
- Take the documents to the City Secretary's Office, located on the third floor of City Hall, to verify the “wet/dry” status of the location and sign off on the form.
If the application is denied for distance or zoning issues, there will be paperwork attached explaining the denial and what recourse is available, including zoning changes or distance variances.
General Distributor, Beer
Branch Distributor, Beer
Cost: $75.00 (Expires in two years)
Local Distributor, Beer
Beer On Premise, Retailer
Beer Off Premise, Retailer
Beer & Wine On Premise, Retailer
Beer & Wine Off Premise, Retailer
Retail Dealers On Premise, Late Hours
Manufacturers License, Beer
Bonded Warehouse, Liquor
General Class B Wholesaler -Liquor/Wine/Malt
Local Class B Wholesaler
Package Store, Retailer
Local Distributor Package Store
Wine Only Package Store Retailer
Mixed Beverage, Retailer
Cost: $750.00 (Expires in three years)
No charge until the third year
Mixed Beverage, Late Hours
Mixed Beverage, Caterer
Nonresident Brewer's Permit
Distiller's And Rectifier's Permit
Importer's Carrier's License
Daily Temporary Mixed Beverage
Private Club Late Hours Permit
Beverage Cartage Permit
For a full listing of the fees or information about which liquor code applies to a type of business, visit the TABC website.