The Central Library is located in downtown Fort Worth at the intersection of Third and Lamar, 2 blocks west and 2 blocks south of the Tarrant County Courthouse. Bus Routes: 1, 4, 10, and 46.
2½ hours free parking is available at 2 nearby garages. Validate your ticket at the Circulation Desk:
- Third Street Garage at Third and Taylor
- City Place North Garage, at the corner of Belknap and Taylor streets
There are two-hour and 10-hour parking meters around the library, with free parking after 6 p.m. on weekdays and on all day Saturday and Sunday. There are also a number of pay parking lots in the area.
Located in Council District 9
Expansion completed 2000
Size: 243,777 square feet
Fiscal Year 2016 circulation: 444,247
Public Service Units
- Adult Services/Media: 817-392-7733
- Circulation Services: 817-392-7715
- Genealogy, History, and Archives: 817-392-7740
- Interlibrary Loan: 817-392-7731
- Passports: 817-392-7890
- Teen Scene Center: 817-392-6012
- Youth Center: 817-392-7745
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Business Directories
- Current newspapers from around the country
- Genealogy, Local History, Archives
- Investment Services
- Magazines and selected newspapers back to the 1800s
- Movie Shop
- Spanish books, DVDs, videocassettes, CDs
- Standards: ANSI, ISO, SAE
- Test Preparation Books
- Vietnamese books, DVDs, videocassettes, CDs
Location & Hours
500 W. Third St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102-7305
- Sun: 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Mon: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Tue: noon-8 p.m.
- Wed: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thu: noon-8 p.m.
- Fri: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sat: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Last updated: Dec. 29, 2016