There are two types of warrants that may be issued by the court:
- Alias Warrants are issued for individuals who fail to appear to answer to C misdemeanor charges.
- Capias Pro-Fine are issued when an individual has been assessed a fine but has failed to comply with the court’s orders.
In most cases, when a warrant for arrest is necessary, a notice may be sent to you at the address shown on your ticket. This notice outlines the violations charged against you and fines associated with them.
A warrant can be issued for your arrest when you:
- Do not respond to your ticket within 11 days
- Do not appear for your court date
- Do not pay a fine assessed by a judge
- Do not complete the Driving Safety Course requirements and do not appear to show cause
- Do not comply with the terms of your probation and the probation is revoked
- Default on payment arrangements
- Fail to comply with a community service order
If it is necessary to issue an arrest warrant, a $50 warrant fee will be added to your fine.
If you would like to enter a “no contest” or “guilty” plea, learn more about how to dispose of your warrant.
If you want to plead “not guilty” to the warrant charge you must come to the Main Court to post the required bond so that your case can be given a trial date. There are three types of bonds:
Surety bonds are accepted from approved bail bond agencies or attorneys. View a sample surety bond. View a sample intention to surrender form. Note: Please be advised that our surety bond forms have changed and require a notary signature. Personal appearance bonds must be submitted to the court in person.
Attention Bondsmen and Attorneys
Surety bonds for non-custodial defendants received after 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday will not be processed until the next business day. Bonds received after noon Friday will not be processed until the next business day.
Business days are Monday through Friday during regular operating hours for the Municipal Court Bond Desk. Saturdays, city holidays, furlough days and days on which the city is closed due to inclement weather do not constitute business days.
Surety bonds received prior to these deadlines will be processed the same day. Cash bonds and bonds for custodial defendants will continue to be processed in accordance with current policy.
For more information on this policy, contact the court at 817-392-6700.