Residential Accessory Building Permit
Residential accessory building permits include items like storage buildings, detached garages, gazebos, patio covers, decks, carports and pool houses.
Energy Code Compliance documents are required for any conditioned or lighted space.
Residential Accessory Structure permits are not eligible for online submission at this time. Apply in person at City Hall.
What is needed
Bring two copies of complete construction plans including the following:
- Detailed construction plans on how the structure will be built.
- Floor plan with rooms labeled for intended use.
- Complete site plan.
- property’s legally recorded plat.
- Energy compliance documents (when applicable).
- Foundation plan (when applicable). Foundations over 400 square feet will require engineering.
Download a guide to submitting documents for electronic review.
New users: Register for an account.
Watch the online training video to learn more.