The Priority Repair Program helps income-eligible Fort Worth homeowners in need of emergency or mechanical system home repairs with up to $5,000 in repair work.
Priority Repair Technicians will perform a home inspection to determine if an applicant is in need of emergency repairs (priority 1) or non-emergency mechanical system repairs (priority 2).
Priority 1 repairs will be addressed before Priority 2 repairs.
Priority 1 Emergency Repairs
An emergency is a situation or condition that occurred recently without warning, and is considered detrimental or one that poses a threat to life and/or the health safety of occupants and requires immediate action.
Repairs are limited to :
- Sewer line breaks
- Fresh water line breaks
- Gas line breaks/leaks
- Water heaters (inoperable or unsafe units)
- Unsafe or inoperable heating systems
Priority 2 Mechanical System Failures
Conditions of deterioration that, if left unattended, will threaten the health or safety of the occupants.
Repairs are limited to:
- Electrical System Failures
- Roof Repairs
- Unsafe or inoperable HVAC systems
- Unstable, sagging or rotten bathroom subflooring
To participate in the Priority Repair Program:
- The home must be located within the City of Fort Worth
- The home must be owner occupied
- Home will be denied if total cost of needed repairs exceeds $5,000
- You must provide verification of household income
- Required paperwork must be completed before home assessment
- Total household income for all adults living in the home cannot exceed the income limits shown in the chart.
|Household Size||Priority Repair
Call 817-392-7548 for more information.