The City of Fort Worth Recognition Program provides an avenue to showcase the events, programs and people that make Fort Worth one of the most livable cities in the nation.
The City of Fort Worth issues proclamations at no charge to individuals or groups. All proclamations are sponsored and signed by at least one Councilmember in addition to the Mayor.
Requests must include:
- Facts about the subject matter - enough information to make 4 points
- Specific title of what will be proclaimed
- Date of proclamation and date to be presented/picked up
- Contact information of person making the request including: name, complete mailing address, phone number and email (if applicable)
- Are you celebrating an anniversary? If so, what anniversary? (We no longer grant annual proclamations; rather we honor anniversaries like fifth, 10th, 15th, etc.)
- Are you a nationally recognized non-profit organization?
All requests MUST be submitted at least two weeks prior to the date the proclamation will be presented or picked up.
General Recognition Guidelines
Proclamations are not issued for:
- Individual Birthdays less than 100 years
- Weddings/Wedding Anniversaries
- Church Anniversaries
- Deceased persons
- Personal political or business endorsement of individual or for profit business
- Family/Class Reunions
- Groundbreakings/Business Openings
Fort Worth retains the rights to edit all proclamation text to reflect the city’s vision, mission and goals.
Proclamations must be picked up at City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton Street, unless alternative arrangements are made. A $15 fee is charged for additional copies of proclamations placed in a presentation folder. This fee should be paid to the Mayor’s Office either in cash or by check payable to the City of Fort Worth.
The City of Fort Worth can also issue certificates of recognition when proclamations are not appropriate. They must be sponsored by a Councilmember. Certificates are issued at no charge to individuals and groups and only bear the signature of the sponsoring Councilmember. Certificates are not eligible for presentation at a City Council meeting.
Letters from the Mayor or Councilmembers
The City of Fort Worth issues letters of appreciation or congratulations that can be given either by the Mayor or by a Councilmember. Letters are not eligible for presentation at a City Council meeting.
For more information on this policy, call 817-392-6193.