YardSmart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees, and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
Next seminar: Sept. 8, 2018
Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Deborah Beggs Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
- 8:10 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – Pollinators of North Central Texas with Michelle Villafranca, Nature Center & Refuge
- 9:30 a.m. – Pots in Small Spots with Dotty Woodson, A&M AgriLife Extension
- 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – Texas Trees with Steve Chaney, A&M AgriLife Extension
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel
- 1 p.m. – Conservation garden tour
Door prizes are available after each session (must be present to win).
For more information call 817-392-8740. Facility is wheelchair accessible. To arrange for sign language interpretation, call TDD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to event.
- Lawn problems? Learn how to make the neighbors green with envy
- Celebrate Smart Irrigation Month during July with a free rain gauge
- New water reclamation facility permit application administratively complete; public notice published
- Learn the basics of water conservation
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website