Yard Smart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees, and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
No pre-registration is required. Door prizes are available after each session (must be present to win).
Next seminar: March 4, 2017
Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
- 8:10 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – Attracting beneficial birds and insect to local landscapes (Gail Manning, Fort Worth Botanic Garden)
- 9:30 a.m. – Butterfly gardens (Dotty Woodson, Tarrant County A&M AgriLife Extension Service)
- 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – Vegetable gardening (Steve Chaney, Tarrant County A & M AgriLife Extension Service)
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel
- 1 p.m. – Conservation garden tour
For more information and to arrange for sign language interpretation call 817-392-6565 or TTD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to the seminar.
- Segment of Main Street to be closed, water service shut off March 1 for leak repair
- Arlington Heights water and wastewater line construction wrapping up
- Construction on wastewater mains to begin in the Carter Riverside area
- Morningside water and wastewater project to wrap up soon
- Harder named assistant Water Department director
- New water line to serve residents in Wall Price Keller Road area
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
- Leftover medications around the house? You have two options for proper disposal
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
John Robert Carman