Home > Departments > Water
Yard Smart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees, and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
No pre-registration is required. Door prizes are available after each session (must be present to win).
Next seminar: Aug. 27, 2016
Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
- 8:10 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – Rainwater harvesting (Dotty Woodson, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service)
- 9:30 a.m. – Basics of landscape design (Steve Chaney, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service)
- 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – Fall bulbs
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel
- 1 p.m. – Conservation garden tour
For more information and to arrange for sign language interpretation call 817-392-6565 or TTD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to the seminar.
- Tag your water conservation selfie, win a prize
- Know your watering days
- Seminars offer savings in water — and money
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
John Robert Carman