YardSmart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
Next seminar: March 3, 2018
Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Deborah Beggs Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
- 8:10 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – Birds, Bees & Butterflies (Dotty Woodson, A&M AgriLife Extension)
- 9:30 a.m. – Landscape Design (Steve Chaney, A&M AgriLife Extension)
- 10:30 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – Shade Gardening (Steve Huddleston, Botanic Gardens)
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel
- 1 p.m. – Conservation garden tour
Door prizes are available after each session (must be present to win).
For more information call 817-392-8740. Facility is wheelchair accessible. To arrange for sign language interpretation, call TDD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to event.
- Water and sewer main construction to start in Lake Worth area
- Bluebonnet Circle construction to begin soon
- Learn the basics of conserving water through smart landscaping
- City taking next step toward making west side water reclamation facility a reality
- High water use bill adjustment requirements posted online
- Water, sewer rates changed as of Jan. 1
- Prepare pipes for freezing temperatures
24-hour Customer Service:
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website