YardSmart is a free, informative seminar designed to provide effective, beneficial ways to use water wisely in the landscape. Topics vary by season and have included butterfly gardening, landscape watering, container gardens, perennials, trees and much more. This semi-annual seminar is offered each Spring and Fall.
Next seminar: Sept. 7, 2019
Location: Fort Worth Botanic Garden Deborah Beggs Lecture Hall, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd.
The event is free.
- 8:15 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – “Catch It If You Can: Rainwater Harvesting” with Dotty Woodson, Ph.D.
- 9:30 a.m. – “Butterfly Gardening” with Patrick Dickinson, Water University
- 10:30-11 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – “No-Waste Gardening: Composting” with Steve Chaney, A&M AgriLife Extension
- Noon – “Ask the experts” panel”
Door prizes are available after each session. (Must be present to win).
For more information call 817-392-8740. Facility is wheelchair accessible. To arrange for sign language interpretation, call TDD 817-392-8544 at least 72 hours prior to event.
- Buy water-saving products this weekend, save the tax
- Advanced metering system launching soon in far north Fort Worth neighborhoods
Report Emergencies (24-hours)
(water main breaks, sewer backups)
817-392-4477 Select Option 1
Call Center - Non-emergency
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Monday through Friday
(Closed City Holidays) 817-392-4477
P. O. Box 870
Fort Worth, TX 76101
- Report Illegal Connections
- Report Other Water Related Issues
- Report Water Waste
- Request a Speaker
- Report a problem with the H2Online Water payment website
Chris Harder, P.E.